Welcome to the Wisconsin Elite Hockey!
Under the approval of the Wisconsin Amateur Hockey Association (WAHA), the WEHL was founded in 2006 to give upper level high school players the opportunity to further develop their skills while competing against players of the same skill level. The goal is to better prepare players for their upcoming high school season.
Boys Registration Information
- The Wisconsin Elite Hockey League (WEHL) is open for registration for its 12 thseason with registration running from May 24 ththru July 26 th, 2018.
- Registration is $55.00 per player prior to July 1, $75.00 registration after July 1 st.
- Tryout dates for all divisions will take place between July 28 and August 15, 2018. We will post exact dates, times, and rink locations for tryouts by no later than June 15, 2018.
- For more information and updates please visit the website.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
If you not sure what region to register in view REGIONS
Tryout dates are or will be posted. To see go to Schedule then select the team. Or go to Info and select age group
The WEHL is excited to announce the re-launching of the Girls U14 & U16 programs for this coming 2018 fall season. If as a parent or player you have interest in helping restart the program please read on and take action for the ability of the WEHL to offer a girls program is dependent on your participation. The WEHL is focused on improving the overall health and growth of Wisconsin WIAA High School Hockey and to support this mission we offer a pre/post season that has a balance of practices and games. The new WEHL Girl’s Program is designed specifically to support where girl’s high school hockey currently has a void.
U14 League (birth years 2004 & 2005)
Northeast/Central (Appleton, Green Bay, Stevens Point areas)
Southwest (Onalaska, Tomah, Viroqua areas)
Western (Eau Claire, Hudson, Menominee areas)
U16 League (birth years 2002 & 2003)
Northeast/Central (Appleton, Green Bay, Stevens Point areas)
Notes: If you are in an area that is not listed you are eligible to register in the nearest region to your home. Players are not allowed to play up you must participate within your birth year league.
Tryout Info (if needed)
The WEHLis pleased to announce goalie specific camps for this upcoming summer. NAHL Janesville Jets Goalie Coach Larry Clemens along with WAHA Southern Region Goalie Director Tyler Lewis will be leading our goalie camps supported by numerous DI and DIII goalies that are previous Wisconsin High School players. Any 2018/19 WEHL registered goalie (boy or girl) has a great opportunity to improve your skills and compare yourself on a state level at your age group. Camps will be hosted in 2 regions; Milwaukee and Wisconsin Rapids. The WEHL is again financially sponsoring the camps providing players with far below market costs for ice time and Junior & College level coaching and instruction.
2018 Summer Skills Camps
Concordia University Assistant Head Coach Tanner Burton and Marian University Assistant Head Coach Matt Berger will lead our Skills Camps this summer. Skill camps will serve teaching techniques to improve your skill base but also feature 75 minutes of controlled scrimmage daily. Coach Burton, Coach Berger and the WEHL are excited to again offer Skills Camp to Wisconsin High School Hockey players in our continued pursuit of investing in the future of Wisconsin High School hockey.
NEW any player who pays the 2018/19 WEHL registration fee and is selected to a WEHL team will get their entire Skills Camp fee ($75.00) applied to their skater fee. In essence your skill camp is free if you make a WEHL team.
- Camps will be divided into Junior/Senior and Freshman/Sophomore age students
- 60 minutes skills, flood ice, 75 minutes scrimmage daily
- Camp minimum per age group is based on 25 players (excluding goalies)
- Demonstration and support materials for dryland training
- Camp cost is only $75.00 for WEHL registered players and $100 for non WEHL registered players. (10 hours of on ice instruction over 4 days by college coaches, talk about a bargain! Just another example of the WEHL putting its best foot forward to invest in those who we are all about, Wisconsin High School Hockey players.)
- Camp cost for goalies is $40.00 (Goalies will get plenty of work but we are not offering specific goalie coaching instruction at Skill Camps)
- Any incoming or current WIAA High School Hockey players are eligible to attend. If an area is overbooked WEHL registered players will be given priority placement in the camp.
Coach Tanner Burton Bio
- 2014-2017 Alps and ECHL professional hockey leagues
- 4 year collegiate playing at Marian University earning NCHA two time All Conference and All Academic awards
- Assistant Team Captain 2 years at Marian University
- Double Major Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting and Finance
Coach Matthew Berger Bio
- 4 year collegiate playing at Marian University
- Team Captain senior year at Marian University
The WEHL has selected the following locations to host our Skill Camps:
Madison: July 30th-August 2 nd@ Verona Ice Arena
Questions call Joel Marshall @ 608 -695-6680
Milwaukee: July 17th -20th @ USM
Questions call Dave Kupsky @ 414-406-4229
10:15AM-12:45PM Freshmen - Sophomore
1:00 PM -3:30PM Junior -Senior
Green Bay: June 26th - 29th @ Appleton Family Ice
Questions call Eric Larabell 920-915-9550
One Group 1:00 - 3:30
North Central, Western, Southwest: August 7 th-10 th@ Ice Hawk Arena
Questions call Paul Caufield @ 715-218-2193
Questions call Matt Newton @ 715-573-2959
Questions call Dave Losen @ 608-385-7074
Wisconsin Elite Hockey League Fee Payment
Wisconsin Elite Hockey League seasons fees are posted. You can pay your team fees from the 'View Profile' section of the site or by clicking on the link below (You must be logged in to see and pay your fees):
WEHL Alumni Registry
The WEHL Alumni Registry was assembled to recognize former WEHL players who have gone on to play hockey past high school. The number of players and the level of play those players have reached are extremely impressive. Simply click on the link below to view the registry located in the Historical WEHL News of the WEHL website.
There are no club or community events scheduled.
Please refer to the
schedule page for the
practice and game schedule.